Licensed Social Worker
Future In Sight is looking for an experienced, Licensed Independent Clinical Social Worker
(LICSW) to join a dynamic team providing support to individuals and their families living with vision loss. The Social Worker, in collaboration with the Director of Program Services, will have the unique opportunity to lead and expand the organization’s teletherapy counseling program. This is a remote position, and the successful candidate will need to have reliable internet and phone connection and a dedicated workspace. The position may require occasional travel for team meetings, client visits and outreach during business hours. Future In Sight is an equal opportunity employer and encourages candidates from all backgrounds to apply.
The LICSW will support individuals, families, and community members by providing education about the services available and counseling intended to improve adjustment to vision impairment and blindness and promote independence and safety.
- Completes clinical assessments and counseling with a focus on the individual’s and family adjustment to vision impairment and blindness.
- Promote therapy services and education to individuals, family, providers, and community partners.
- Collaborates with our providers and community partners to facilitate the smooth provision of services as well as the integration of those services into the individual’s and the family’s lives.
- Provides guidance in cultivating self-advocacy skills. Adherence to organizational Plan and client’s progress towards a maximum level of independence.
- Provides consultations, public education and in-service training as required.
- Coordinate and lead group counseling & support efforts for clients, care givers and families.
- Participates in other Future In Sight programs such as committees, volunteer programs, board/agency events, rehabilitation conferences, staff or team meetings and public education programs.
- Observe the core values and ethical principles of a Professional Social Worker.
- Requires excellent organizational skills and time management.
- Must have reliable internet and telephone connectivity.
- Collects, prepares, and maintains accurate, timely and thorough client assessments, records, reports, and schedules in Future In Sight’s database.
- Analyze and manage the client records to ensure the smooth provision of services.
- Keeps current in the knowledge of Social Work and Case Management
- Must be competent using Microsoft Office tools and other office technology such as video conferencing platforms.
- Be informed and passionate about the programs and services of Future In Sight.
- Perform all duties in a respectful and professional manner.
- Maintain positive relationships, demonstrate tact and sensitivity while engaging with clients, staff, and community stakeholders.
- Uphold the mission of Future In Sight and its values.
Full-time is an exempt position working 37.5 hours per week. This is a remote position with the occasional need to travel to conduct company business or perform service delivery.
Compensation which is commensurate with experience. Future In Sight offers a generous benefits package including four weeks of vacation plus additional personal and sick days, comprehensive health benefits with 90% of the medical premium covered by Future In Sight, and a 503(b) program with 5% company match. Future In Sight genuinely cares about its employees and offers a supportive and transparent culture.
Future In Sight is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and does not discriminate in the terms, conditions, or privileges of employment because of race, color, gender, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability or any other classification protected by state, federal or local law.
Job Type: Full-time or Part-time, Remote
- Must have a master’s degree in Social Work from an accredited College or University.
- Hold a New Hampshire License (LICSW).
- Sufficient experience, confidence, and skills to provide social work services independently.
- Must be able to travel during the workday when required.
- Must be open to telehealth opportunities which best serve blind and visually impaired clients.
- Knowledge of insurance coding and billing practices.