Certified Low Vision Therapist CLVT
Metrolina Association for the Blind (MAB) founded in 1934 is a non-profit organization located in Charlotte, NC. MAB provides an array of rehabilitative services. The mission of the company is to reduce or eliminate the daily living challenges imposed upon people by blindness or visual impairment.
The CLVT is responsible for clinical duties of the Low Vision Clinic and provides low vision therapy to patients.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
- Provide Low Vision (LV) therapy to patients and maintain timely records.
- Assist OD with follow up calls and other needs for patients she has seen.
- Maintain LV inventory, place orders as needed for stock and patients, unpack orders and restock/rotate inventory.
- Cultivate and maintain relationships with LV device vendors.
- Maintain statistics for grants. Provide data to the grants manager and VRS Director as needed – i.e. comprehensive eye exams to low-income free clinic patients, device distribution for low-income residents, etc.
- Manage and update practice management EHR system as needed.
- Attend public education events as requested, discuss MAB services or provide presentations.
- Provide training on low vision technology devices to clients and their families if needed.
- Collects and synthesizes data. Provides client data to the VRS Director and the Grants Manager as needed.
- Other related duties as assigned.
- CLVT Master’s degree and/or Certificate from an accredited college or university; related experience and/or training preferred.
- For those practicing, an ACVREP or equivalent certificate is required.
- Excellent skills in Microsoft Windows
- Spreadsheet Software
- Order Processing System
- Electronic Health Record
Salary is based on experience.
Background check, credit check and drug screening are required.
This position reports to the Director VRS (Vision Rehabilitation Services).
This is not a remote/virtual position.
Bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply.
Candidates with multiple certifications/degrees are encouraged to apply.
CLVT Master’s degree and/or Certificate from an accredited college or university; related experience and/or training preferred.