Case Manager (Social Worker)
Metrolina Association for the Blind (MAB) founded in 1934 is a non-profit organization located in Charlotte, NC. MAB provides an array of rehabilitative services. The mission of the company is to reduce or eliminate the daily living challenges imposed upon people by blindness or visual impairment.
The Case Manager is the core service provider that connects clients with severe vision loss or blindness to services and resources. This position assists the client through episodes of care throughout our Vision Rehabilitation Services and assists clients in connecting to essential outside services.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Provide primary intake and assessment of client’s and their needs and assist them in accessing available resources by performing the following duties.
• Perform intake interviews and assessments of clients and their needs.
• Provide information and referral to appropriate resources for clients.
• Perform case management duties, which require the coordination of services between MAB and outside agencies and agency staff.
• Perform case documentation including client contacts, referrals, etc.
• Provide adjustment and other counseling as needed for clients.
• Monitor client progress.
• Advocate for clients.
• Conduct programs, workshops, etc., for public education, including client awareness of general issues and public awareness of blindness.
• Promote and facilitate interagency cooperation.
• Collects and synthesizes data. Provides client data to the VRS Director and the Grants Manager as needed.
• Other related duties as assigned.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, and TRAINING:
• Social Work Bachelor’s degree and/or Masters Degree or LCSW or a bachelors degree in a related field, and 2 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Excellent skills in Microsoft Windows
• Spreadsheet Software
• Order Processing System
• Electronic Health Record
Salary is based on experience and education.
This is NOT a remote/virtual position.
Background check, credit check and drug screening are required.
This position reports to the Case Management Supervisor.
Bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply.
Candidates with multiple certifications/degrees are encouraged to apply.
Social Work Bachelor’s degree and/or Masters Degree or LCSW or a bachelors degree in a related field, and 2 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.